- For the low, low price of $1200, you can rent a mobile home in Ridgecrest. Excuse my French, but WTF?
- More nuggets from the house hunt: THERE IS A SIDE BY SIDE REFRIDGERATER, NOT GUARANTEED USEFUL.
- A new mobile home just popped up in my Ridgecrest rental search...$1350...more than our housing allowance...the mind boggles.
- Here's another gem from the house hunt (I'm going to condense): Mobile home, $1200/month, available for rent from mid-May 2010 to mid-November 2010, "No smokers, no pets, no children please." I just wish I could post the photos... (the words that come to mind when I saw them were 1970s Burt Reynolds Smokey and the Bandit meets The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. I'm still convinced that it actually is some kind of brothel and all the girls were on vacation during the six month time period it was available)
- In a response to a recent inquiry about several rental properties, I was told that "The best way to look at some of the properties is to use Google maps." Really? Yes, digital cameras are so last decade. And I guess I wasn't aware of the new x-ray feature on Google maps that allows you to look inside the house.
- From a Craigslist listing: "must work local or be on fixed income. No long drive commuters will be accepted." Yes, because my dream is to live in Trona and commute to Ridgecrest. And of course, that has a lot to do with what kind of renter I am.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
I thought it was worth saving and compiling my Facebook statuses during the Ridgecrest house search. In case you were wondering, yes, Ridgecrest is the Twilight Zone, and yes, I'm stuck here for another two and half years. So please forgive me if my blog has taken a turn for the worse.