Friday, February 24, 2006

Time for a Cool Change

I'm not socially dysfunctional anymore. And I have friends thanks to Dan Russell and Jenelle Haas. I'm glad I'm not this person anymore.

***

May 13, 2004

I was born in the sign of water (Scorpio to be exact), and it's there that I feel my best.

Here I sit. Another late night with Nick at Nite. The characters on Cheers are slowly becoming my best friends. There are a lot of things missing in my life, and they're probably never what I think they are. I'll be done with my Bachelor's Degree in a little over a month, and I've had to do a lot of thinking about what I want in life. What I've decided is that I don't want to spend my life focused on a job. I want a job, and I want a job that matters. But the truth is, I've barely experienced life. The closest I get to nature is my occasional picnics by Lake Ella. I've becoming so socially dysfunctional that I don't even know if I remember how to make friends. I've made acquaintances in my classes but no real friendships. Overall, aside from getting a degree, I've accomplished very little in the last two years.

I let my classes get in the way of actually having a life and that was wrong. I don't completely blame myself. I have very little in common with most of the people I've encountered at FSU. Anyway, I'm turning over a new leaf. Dang it, I wanna go white water rafting. I wanna go hiking. I wanna have some fun! Where are the people who consider fun to be more than sitting at someone's house and drinking until you pass out. As soon as I move, this is what I'm devoting my time to. Finding people who want to do fun stuff.

They don't warn you about this in high school. They don't take you aside and say, "By the way, if choir was your life, and you don't do choir in college, you won't have a life unless you find something else...and this is how you do that." I don't want this to turn into a complaint session. I don't believe in crying over spilt milk. John Lennon said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." That's my favorite quote, and it's something I have so much trouble with. I tend to live in the future. I'm always so busy worrying about what's gonna happen ten years from now, I miss what I could be doing now.

I guess I'm gonna end this because I think I've lost my point. Plus, Nick at Nite is distracting. Wish me luck on my new adventures! Wish me more luck on finding them!!

No comments: