Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Bore-Ass

The few bits of Ali G that I've seen have been pretty funny. I thought the ads for Borat were funny. (I don't watch that much TV and I fast forward through most of the ads, so I probably avoided overload.) Then Collin and I saw him on "The Daily Show" and laughed our arses off. So we went to see the movie today. There were some funny parts. And I think most of the humor - shock and awe coupled with toilet humor - would appeal more to guys than girls (think Jackass). As much as I believe that if we couldn't laugh we'd all go insane, I don't think we can go into poor countries and film their lives and make a joke out of it. It's just too sad for me to look past and laugh. Then he finds the 1% of ignorant backwoods America and puts them on a big screen to talk about things like gay rights and Muslims. And Christians? You know what people...wake up...we're being portrayed like this because we are like this.

Brandy's Soapbox Statement about the pastor in Borat:
When Borat brings a prostitute to the table, the pastor gets a huffy look and says he has to leave now. Dude, have you ever read a Bible? Can you look at your stupid piece of "Jesus Marketing" on your wrist and ask What would Jesus do? I'm not even going to give you an answer. I'm sure you've got the book - Look It Up!

Anyway...in reference to the question I asked in my last post about the Borat article. Yes, I feel bad for these people, but I think if they're smart enough to sue a movie company, they were smart enough to know they were being taken advantage of. I would also like to point out that I'm sure the kids in the sweatshop that make Nikes would love to make $3.30 to $5.50 an hour. Heck, I'm sure the waitress down the street trying to support her two kids would love to make $5.50 an hour.

Okay, I'm calm now. Bottom line: Shut up and give the people some money. Goodness knows you're robbing enough from everyone else in the world who's going to see the movie. Plus, it's probably a tax write off. (haha.)

No comments: