Friday, November 17, 2006

God, Country, and the Dixie Chicks

I just read a blurb in The Rolling Stone that the Dixie Chicks are having to avoid the Red States all together because of declining ticket sells. Well, listen up all you hard-hearted conservatives who are so gung-ho for "God and Country." You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? Because I'm pretty sure God would say forgive them, and I know that the Constitution would say they have a right to free speech. So instead of boycotting them, how about you cheer them on for practicing one of the rights that makes this country so freakin' great. Well, at least it bumped their ticket sells in other countries.

Just for the record: This is the first Dixie Chicks CD that I didn't buy. I listened to some samples and it just didn't sound that great. My tolerance for anything country has been worn down to near nothing. Add that to the fact that I'm just pretty much disgusted with mainstream music, and you've got a losing combination. Sorry, Chicks. Come up with something creative and less poppy and I'll give it a try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Chicks are near and dear to my heart, so I have no comment on the fact that their last album is not their best one. If you want a copy, let me know, that way you won't actually be spending money on mainstream music. hee