Thursday, November 02, 2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Well...I'm going to be in D.C./Virginia for the next three and a half days. I'd like to say I'm excited, but I'm not. It's just that, well, my birthday is Monday, and I don't like my birthday. I've tried really hard to like it, and even I will admit that at least I don't have the whole "another birthday alone" problem, and that is something to be excited about. It's not the age thing or anything like that. It's just that my birthday tends to have a little gray cloud that follows it around. Much like my Sunday ritual of crying through the church service because I miss Eastgate, I've tended to get emotional, weepy, and sometimes grumpy over spending my birthday weekend with Collin's parents. I'm a little homesick. I know that it all evens out in the end and everything. Sure, we're not going to be home for Christmas, but we'll be moving back to Florida in February (or sooner) and then we'll only be 2-4 hours away from my friends and family. But it's my birthday...I miss my mom. Which translates to - it's my party and I'll cry if I want to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's a birthday package for you sitting in my living room. Actually, it's a random mailing package that got taken over by birthday stuff. If I can ever convince myself that I need to leave the house after I come home from work, I will mail it to you.

And it's definitely ok for you to feel all weepy and the like. I started thinking about the fact that you won't be here for Christmas and I won't get to see your tree this year and your tree is the best tree in the whole world and that makes me sad. So takes lots of pictures of your birthday and your Christmas and please post them somewhere.