Wednesday, December 06, 2006

An Alternative Ending


Here's another good one from my past. I think it's telling in a lot of ways. After all, my first crush was on a cartoon fox. I don't have an exact date for this entry, but it was some time around November or December 2003.

***

He has a girlfriend. Need I say more.

So I found out yesterday that the guy I've been crushing on has a girlfriend. It's not really a big deal. He was more of an idea that I could sing songs to in the car than someone I could actually see myself with. He's only twenty. I'm looking for someone at least drinking age, if not car-renting age. :-) Besides, I could never date a frat boy. Especially one from a frat that rejected one of my best friends. Total punks.

While listening in on a conversation which I wasn't really a part of, I was reminded of how weird I am and why it is so important that I wait for someone at least three-fourths as weird as I am. They were talking about how awesome The Legend of Zelda video game is. Aahhhh, The Legend of Zelda...good times. No, not the video game. (I could never get anywhere with the video game. I can't get anywhere with any video game. Of course, that doesn't keep me from trying.) No, I was obsessed with the cartoon. Well, more specifically, I was in love with Link. Yes, that's right, I was in love with a cartoon. He was the arrogant, smart-ass, elfin hero of my dreams. In fact, you have to wonder about some of my early choices in men. (Not that you don't have to wonder about some of my later choices.) Among them were (This one's really great, neither human nor real.) Robin Hood of Disney's Robin Hood and Robin from the original Batman series in the sixties. I'm sure there were many more, and I'm sure they were all in tights because, after all, who can resist a man in tights?



No comments: