Monday, October 08, 2007

Thoughts on Thermometers

Oh, the things you learn when registering for babies. Luckily, I worked at Toys R Us for three years, and baby registries were part of my job. So I know that baby registries aren't all fun and games, baby needs things like nail clippers and thermometers, too. So I'm scanning thermometers, a "normal" one for under six months (you know where that goes...eww) and an ear one for over six months (I can't believe how cheap these things are now!). Then to my surprise I notice a new thermometer, a pacifier thermometer. It's a pacifier with a little digital read out on the front - genius!

So I scanned it and pointed out the genius to Collin who said, "But it takes 90 seconds."

I replied, "Yes, but it doesn't have to be stuck up our babies butt!"

"I don't know," Collin continued. "90 seconds seems like a long time."

So I flip over the rectal thermometer for the read-out time..."60 seconds," I announce.

"60 seconds!" Collin says incredulously.

Suddenly 90 seconds with a pacifier didn't seem so bad.

No comments: