Friday, October 03, 2008

Some Things Are in the Eye of the Beholder

Is there really any way to tell who "won" a presidential debate if neither party crumbled under the pressure or caused the voters' opinion of them to plummet? It seems that everyone wants to think that their candidate won. Personally, I thought Palin did a good job of redeeming herself last night (and BBC America agrees with me, so I can't be all wrong). I don't know much about Biden, but he seems like an okay guy. It's too bad he's running with Obama. I liked Obama for a while, but here's my issues with him. First of all, most of the people I've run into who support Obama aren't so much supporters as they are fans, and that bugs the crap out of me. These are probably the same people who have bumper stickers on their cars that say "Nobody Died While Clinton was in Office." If you think that is true, maybe you should check your history books (or at the very least, the obituaries circa 1993-2000). Second, Obama reminds me of someone running for SGA president. He's promising to give faculty parking to the seniors and put drink machines in the cafeteria, but he doesn't really understand that that is easier said than done and quite possibly impossible. But that's just my opinion. I don't have time for details; I have a four month old.

1 comment:

Laneasbury said...

I know this is way way late, but I totally agree :)